Wargaming     Role Playing     Boardgames     Game books     Software     Voice Over/Narration    

Friday 29 June 2012

One Page Dungeon 2012

This year I entered the annual One Page Dungeon competition, alas for me I did not win. However I am proud of what I came up with.

At the time of the competition I was reading a book by Matthew Reilly, and this book was jam-packed with exciting non-stop action.  Think Indiana Jones, set to eleven.  Inspired by this book, I wanted to create a similar feel for my dungeon, and so started by drawing a trap laden map.  Then I started think about how you could overcome those traps in AD&D (1st Ed) but just couldn't see it working or being exciting. For instance if you failed the first trap, you would never get to see the later traps!

In the end I came up with not only a dungeon, but a Micro RPG that would allow you to play the game and reach most if not all of the traps even if you rolled very badly.  That was what I submitted to the competition.

The comp' is over, so now I can post the dungeon here on my own site.

No comments:

Post a Comment